Monday, January 31, 2011

38 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 38 weeks.....I think it's time to start freaking out!



Size of baby: 6 1/3 pounds and 19 1/2 inches. At the beginning of this pregnancy I would have bet money this would be a 9 pound baby, but now I'm thinking it might be our smallest. Of course, I thought Cru was going to be small. Who knows!
Total weight gain: 30 pounds.....I lost another three pounds this week.....the doctor actually asked me if I was still eating because I haven't gained weight in weeks. Yes, it's just been this darn stomach stuff that hit our house yet again. GO AWAY AND STAY AWAY!!!
Maternity clothes: Both still. I have no idea how though with how big my belly has gotten over the past couple weeks. People's comments have went from, "You're belly's so small!" to "You look like you're about to hatch!" Hell yeah, I look like that, I'm a week away!
Gender: I've waited 9 months to find out, which has been no big deal until now....the suspense is killing me!!!
Movement: Still a kickin' but man it's uncomfortable. I can't imagine how he/she must feel inside.
Sleep: Same ol' same ol'
Symptoms: Typical 38 week pregnancy stuff
What I miss: More like what I'm going to miss....today was my last regular ob appt, which is normally followed up with breakfast at McDonald's with the kids. Well, the weather was terrible and school was canceled, so my mom came and watched the kids during my appt, which was nice, but that meant no breakfast or play time. So, I brought breakfast to them! I'm really going to miss that special time with them.



Cravings: Since I finally have my appetite back after being sick, just about anything sounds delish.
Best moment of the week: Any extra quality time spent as a family.
What I'm looking forward to: Seeing Reese and Cru's reaction to their new little brother or sister!

I haven't blogged in a few days since we've been sick again (or taken any pictures). Plus, the hustle and bustle of our lives lately has been a little too hectic to keep up with......but here's a little update.

Reese has a lot going on in her little 4 year old life. She's full of baby names these days....she pays way too much attention to our conversations when we think she isn't. She spits out a new name about every other sentence. I need to document more, but so far, Taylor Swift Poofy Coconut is a favorite. And as she was going downstairs to bed tonight, she yelled up at Chet, "Hey Dad! Do you like the name Justin Beaver?" How does she know about Justin Bieber???

She's got a big day at school this week - grandparent day! And besides becoming a big sister next week, she's going to be the little homecoming princess. What a week for that to happen, but what an honor for her.

Cru is still doing fabulous in his new room and big boy bed. I am literally shocked at how well he's adjusted. Thank you, Bubba! I did manage to get some more stuff up on the walls.





The shelves are bare, but I'm happy with how they turned out.

I made a trip to Wichita this weekend and purchased the last of what we needed for the baby. I still need to get the carseat cleaned and the bedding has yet to arrive, but other than that, if the little one wants to come early, it can!

Chet's busy hours have started, which adds to our craziness, but it's part of his profession and we take it one day at a time.

As for myself, my head is spinning, but I also feel somewhat calm. I feel like Reese and Cru are situated in their new rooms, which is what I had hoped for, and the baby's room is as ready as it's gonna be. I decided to make Reese's homecoming dress, which I did. Then proceeded to take it all apart and make another one. I finished the second one today, and I absolutely love it. I took every piece of food out of our cabinets today and trashed almost all of it. It felt good. My bag is packed, for the most part. I'll need to make one last trip to the grocery store this weekend, but really all that's left on my to-do list is get a pedicure :)

See, crazy chaos! But really, did I expect time to stand still just because we're having another baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment