Monday, January 17, 2011

36 weeks


I had Chet snap a belly pic before church since I was actually dressed in something other than sweats.

Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 36 weeks...wow! We go to the doctor every Monday from here on out until the baby is born, which is only 2 more Mondays! Feb. 7th baby will be here!



Size of baby: 6 pounds and 18 1/2 inches.
Total weight gain: 34 pounds. I keep thinking I've gained a ton, which I have, but I'm right on track with what I gained with Reese and Cru.
Maternity clothes: I pretty much only wear sweats these days, except to church, and I've had to resort to wearing Chet's t-shirts because mine suffocate my belly.
Gender: ?
Movement: It's getting pretty uncomfortable. The head has been down for a while now, and man, is it low.....flailing arms are pretty painful.
Sleep: Typical night - Usually go to bed around 11:30, toss and turn, toss and turn, stare at the light peeping through our cracked door, turn to the other side, stare at the monitor lights, think of everything I need to get done. Must have finally fallen asleep, but wake up in a panic....what's that? Is it Reese, does she need something.....I swear I see people in my sleep.....kinda creepy. Toss and turn, fall back asleep. Hear Cru crying out. Go check on him. Pit stop on my way back. Toss and turn, stare at the peeping light some more, fall asleep, hear Reese in the monitor, walk like a zombie down stairs....Reese, what do you need? Nothing. Go back up stairs, pit stop, toss and turn, make lists in my head, make lists on my phone, toss and turn, get up and watch cmt in the living room for about a half hour and decide I could be trying to fall asleep. Head back to the bedroom, pit stop, toss and turn, there goes Chet's alarm, fall asleep while Chet's getting ready, Cru's awake, get up and start the day.
Symptoms: Acid reflux, emotional, uncomfortable, out of breath
What I miss: Bending over....I need a pedi so bad before baby's arrival, but I can't reach my feet.
Cravings: Sweettarts :)
Best moment of the week: Spending as much quality time with Reese and Cru as I can. I sure am going to miss our after-doctor-appointments-breakfasts-at-McDonald's.





What I'm looking forward to: Getting the bedrooms finished up and in order. But most of all, I'm getting so anxious and excited about meeting this new little one. I can't imagine what he/she will be like....just makes me gitty. But also scared at the same time; I hope I can handle all the chaos that's about to hit this family!

Like I said before, I'm looking forward to getting the other bedrooms in order. My parents came over last Friday evening for a pizza and painting party. My mom and I played with the kids while Chet and my dad painted Cru's new room....that's a huge check off the list. Thanks Dad and Chet!!!!






Sorry, little man, you just get to pretend paint.

So far, Cru is loving his new room.....just an open room to run, play, throw balls, and scream in.









Cru isn't making the big move quite yet because we haven't made a decision on his big boy bed yet, so I'm just taking it in strides. I hope to tackle his closet first, then I'll work on adding pieces of furniture/toys, and then hopefully a bed.

It'll be onto the baby's room after that, which doesn't really require much except a little closet organization and finishing up some DIY projects I've been working on.

Like I need reminding, but I've only got 3 more weeks to do all this!!!!!

And just for some added delight, how handsome is my little man? (and big man!)





Just want to eat him up!

No comments:

Post a Comment