Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's for supper?

The infamous question I ask myself every day.

I feel like I fix the same meals every week....drives me nuts. I am constantly searching for new, simple, few ingredient recipes. Takes me a while to find one I want to try because 1) I'm a picky eater and 2) I don't have time to mess with a lot of prepping.

I came across a chicken parmesan recipe on the internet and tonight was the night to try it!

Simple ingredients (I think bread crumbs were the only thing I didn't have on hand).


  • boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • eggs (I used 2 which was plenty for 3 big breasts)
  • bread crumbs
  • spaghetti sauce
  • mozzarella cheese
  • parmesan cheese

Steps:

  • preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • coat thawed chicken breasts in egg, then in bread crumbs
  • bake chicken for 40 min.
  • dump half the jar of spaghetti sauce into the bottom of baking dish (I used a different dish than the one the chicken was baking in, but I'm sure it would be fine to use the same one)
  • place baked chicken on top of sauce
  • dump the remaining sauce over chicken
  • cover the chicken with mozzarella and parmesan cheese....as much as you like!
  • bake for another 20 min.

Viola!


Wondering why half is eaten? I forgot to take a picture of my plate before I started eating....I was spacey from my cocktail it looked so delicious, I just dove right in!

As you can see, I served with rotini noodles and cheesy bread....YUM-O! I'm so excited I finally found another option for our weekly meals! Let me know if any of you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment