Monday, October 19, 2009

Randomness

  • Big CONGRATULATIONS to Aunt Casyn and her doubles partner, Kirsten, on their 5A state championship victory! What an accomplishment. We are so proud of you, Casyn!

  • The leaves have been turning colors and falling for a while now, and boy has it fascinated Reese. She's loves how they are a different color everyday. When they started falling off our tree, she said, "Mommy, the leaves are falling off the tree! Uncle Jeff needs to bring us a new one!"

  • A couple weeks ago, I was hoping my ears were playing tricks on me. I mean, come on, I'm with him all day long, he's my little mama's boy, of course, Cru's first word would naturally be "mama." Oh no no, once again, Daddy wins! Cru's first word is "dada."

  • I got Reese a special treat....bubble bath! She's never had it before because frankly, we spend enough time in the bath tub as it is with all of her toys. Who needs toys though when you've got bubbles! The first night she had them, she couldn't figure out where they would go when all the water went down the drain so I told her they would melt. Well, the next night, when she got out of the tub, she asked, "Are the bubbles going to milk, Mom?"

  • And speaking of melting or milking or whatever, when Daddy told Reese I was going to be the wicked witch for Halloween, she said, "I'm milking, I'm milking."

  • The other day, Reese, Cru and I were hanging out downstairs. The three of us were sitting on the floor, Reese was playing with a puzzle book and Cru was sitting between my legs playing with some balls (no, not his balls, minds out of the gutter) Anyways, I leaned over to grab some more balls out of Reese's tunnels, and this little thing darted from under it. I've never screamed so loud (well, maybe when Leann and I were trying to catch a flying cockroach, but that's a whole other post). As fast as it moved, I knew it had to be a mouse. And as tiny as it was, it was obviously a baby, which meant it had to have a mama somewhere.....somewhere in my basement....blah! So I got Cru upstairs, and Reese advised me to get her bug net to catch it. I did along with a hula-hoop to bang on the couch (it was underneath it). So after picking up everything that was on the floor so I could have a clear path to chase this thing (great mental picture, huh?), I was ready. I went to lift up the couch, and Reese yelled, "There it is!" I screamed and ran up the stairs. I asked Reese where it was at, and she said, "I don't know." Little stinker. OK, I was ready again to lift up the couch...."Ready Reese, 1...." And Reese counted 2, 3 as she ran up the stairs. I couldn't do it, I was too scared. When Chet got home a half hour later, he took the trusty bug net and went down there. The last thing I said to him was block off the toy room because the last place I wanted that thing to go was in there. Well, one guess as to where it ended up....the toy room. We set a trap, but have yet to catch it. You better believe I'm setting traps in every room down there because it's a terrible feeling to be scared to be in my own basement.

  • This past weekend was Ty and Audrey's wedding reception. Reese had lots of fun helping decorate. We had lots of fun spending time with friends and family. It took Reese a while to get out on the dance floor. Not sure what her deal was, but once I got her out there, she didn't have any problems shakin' it. My parents put me in charge of taking pictures. I only took around 150! Don't worry, I won't post all of them, but I will be posting some of them soon.

There, that should catch you up on a few happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment