Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's a zoo around here!

OK, so for some reason a lot went on today and a lot of pictures were taken. I separated them out into three posts so be sure to scroll through all of them.

Remember how I recently blogged about seeing a baby mouse in our basement? Well, despite setting 6, yes 6 traps, we still haven't caught the little booger. Chet seems to think it just disappeared. What?! I highly doubt it just disappeared. It probably found its mama and brothers and sisters, and they're all having a party in our basement. Nasty!

Anyways, so to add to our varmints in the basement, tonight we had another visitor, a flying one.

Yes, a bird IN THE HOUSE!

Let me explain, our garage door has been broken for the past few days so we've had to leave it open all day and all night. My first thought, more mice. Definitely didn't think about birds.

We got our garage door fixed today, so I happily went to close the door for the night, and all of a sudden Chet starts yelling, "Bird, bird!" What? Where? Oh, in the house. OH, IN THE HOUSE!


Chet quickly runs downstairs to get Reese's trusty bug net. Yes, the same bug net that was supposed to protect me and help me catch our baby mouse.

So, after the bird's initial landing on the rug, it took off into the laundry room, and as Chet is yelling at me to close the door and me not responding, it flies back into our eating area. It soon takes off down the hall (mind you, Chet is quickly following with bug net in hand). It lands at the end of the hall, and as Chet is trying to close all the bedroom doors, it flies into Cru's room. Chet disappears in there as well, but soon reappears.


Yay bug net, I mean Daddy!


Bye bye, birdie! You are no longer welcome in our home (or our garage)!


Everyone needs a trusty bug net!

No comments:

Post a Comment