Thursday, October 15, 2009

Remembrance

Today (yes, it's late, but it's still Thursday) is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day - whew, that's a mouthful. Not many people know about the loss that Chet and I experienced. It happened January 2008. It was a week after I found out I was pregnant, Chet came home for lunch and I knew something wasn't right. I called the doctor and they ordered me to the hospital right away for a sonogram. I was scared while Chet stayed positive. The sonogram technician didn't need to say anything, I knew it when I saw nothing on the screen. They try to sugar coat it by saying my dates might be off and it's just too early to see anything, but I knew. I was at least 7 weeks along....there should have been something there.

Over the next week, my hormone levels continued to decrease, which meant there was no life inside me. I kept it together on the outside (I'm usually pretty good about keeping my emotions in check), however, I literally felt no life inside me. Never have I felt so empty.

We'll never know why it happened, but God had other plans.

It's not just today that I remember that lost babe, but every day. That loss makes me even more grateful and thankful for the happy healthy blessings that God has provided for Chet and I. Just because that baby is not here with us today, he/she will forever and ever be loved and in our hearts.

Our family prays for other mothers and families who have lost babies.

"For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139: 13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment