Thursday, June 19, 2014

Very early this morning, I attended my first body pump class at our local YMCA.  I'm nearing two years of fairly consistent running, however this is something I would have never imagined myself doing.  Entering into uncharted fitness territory...heck no!

I am so thankful for that little push I got from a friend.  I honestly thought of every excuse not to go.  None of them valid; all out of fear.  Really what the hell did I have to lose??? 

Besides sleep?!





I LOVED IT!

I honestly didn't sleep all night worrying about how I would fit in, would I get my ass kicked, would my stomach cooperate (it doesn't like early morning workouts). 

Yes, it was hard, but no pain, no gain, right?  It was a good hard.  I like that kind of stuff.  The instructor was fantastic!  She suggested what weights I should start with and asked me how I felt afterwards. 

I am a lightweight, but a) gotta start somewhere!  And b) I can only go up from here!

#musclesmakeyourunfaster

My goal is to continue attending and in turn, the new muscle strength will improve my running and possibly relieve some of the swelling in my knees.

#iworkout

Thank you, Chelsea!

No comments:

Post a Comment