Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I should have known good things would come of our day when when I told Reese's basketball camp coach (the head girls high school coach, whom she's had no interaction with up until this week) that it takes a while for her to come out of her shell, and she promptly replied.....

"I don't have a shell....I cracked it already!"

A little something about our big girl....she's not a fan of competition.

Freezes.  Loses all confidence.

But after several (competitive) events today.....






















I saw a girl passively accept a challenge, gain confidence, and accomplish a goal she would have rather just given up on.

When these situations arise, it's a learning process for all of us, especially for Chet and I as her parents.  Encourage?  Discipline?  Reward?  Punish?

We still don't have things figured out, but it's SO rewarding to see progress.

Today was progress, and it was great!

Not sure our little girl will struggle much with confidence....






















I could be wrong though....

No comments:

Post a Comment