Tuesday, July 14, 2009

an UNfriendly visitor

During supper last night Reese started squealing and pointing at the back door, so I looked and saw a little fly on the screen door. I said, "Oh Reese, it's OK, it's outside." Lately, she's been freaking out over bugs perhaps because they are ALL OVER OUR HOUSE. Anyways, like I said, I just glanced up there and made no big deal about it. Well, a short time later, Chet said, "Jami, come here." in his voice he usually uses when he's caught a mouse or sees something he knows I'll freak out about. After hesitating, I walked towards him which was by the sliding glass door and this is what we see!
I don't know if this is really what Reese saw at supper. It was in the same spot as the fly, although the fly was now gone....wonder where it went? You'd think I would have noticed this though!

The thing was stuck in between the glass and screen door so Chet tried to kill it before getting it out. However, every time he thought he had drowned it, it would start crawling around again. So eventually, he got it out from between the doors, and then just smashed it. Way to go, Daddy! I think I'd rather catch a mouse than find one of these again. Eww, just makes my skin crawl.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh--GAG ME!! I cannot stand spiders or any bugs for that matter. I'm glad Chet took care of it for you...that's a daddy job around our house as well!

    ReplyDelete