Friday, July 10, 2009

Bed for 4

I just want to apologize to my parents for all the times when I would tip-toe into their room in the middle of the night, stand at their bed whispering, "Mom" until they woke up scaring the crap out of them. You never realize the reality of things until you are a parent yourself. To put it in family blog G-rated language, paybacks stink! Last night, I really hadn't been asleep that long when I suddenly woke up and noticed our bedroom door was open....we never leave it open. I turn around and about fall out of bed....there was Reese standing at the side of our bed...scared me to death. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I want to sleep with you." Where was this coming from??? She never does stuff like this. I swore our kids would never sleep with us, however sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And at 2:49am, I did what I had to do....she joined the party. Where was she going to go though? There's barely enough room as it is for Chet and I to sleep UNcomfortably since Cru and his boppy pillow take up the majority of the bed. She managed to nestle in beside me, I laid perfectly still because any movement would send me rolling off the bed. Every time I'd open my eyes to see if she was sleeping, I would see these big blue eyes staring at me. Every time Cru would move, she would gasp and say, "He's waking up." Every time I would just fall asleep, I'd hear her say, "Where are my jaguars?" When Chet's alarm first went off, I asked her if she wanted to go back to her bed because she was so sweaty and cramped, and I was so uncomfortable! She said no, but finally around 6am she was ready to go back to her bed. It's now 9:50am and she's still sleeping. Hopefully, that was just a one time thing. But you know, as I crawled back in bed at 6am, thankful I'm finally going to get some sleep, I look at Cru. He looked like an angel, so peaceful, and I thought, it's the little things like having your kids sleep in bed with you that make being a parent the greatest thing in the world....then I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment