Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chet's business trip, my get away!

Chet and I are headed to KC in about 9 hours. He has a leadership gathering for the 20 CPAs under 40 years old, and spouses are invited! It's just an overnight get away, but a get away none the less. He'll be in meetings for about 3 hours on Thursday, then I get to join him for cocktails and dinner :) Friday, his meetings start at 8am and go all day, so I'll probably just hang out in our hotel room. Errr, maybe NOT! You better believe I'm going shopping! I've got several places on my list, but nothing too scheduled....this is my time away!

I don't worry about leaving Reese so much although, I'm sure she'll test the waters a time or two. It's Cru. Evenings are hard....he screams and screams. We've figured out the only thing he wants is me. He's got me all day, he needs me all night too? I know Grandma and Grandpa will handle it fine (they'll probably praise the Lord they only have to watch him one night), but I still worry. Thank you, thank you, thank you SO much grandparents for all your help!

These two munchkins are my life. They are the reason I get out of bed in the morning. I am going to miss them so....

I will miss Reese walking out of her room first thing in the morning, hair all crazy, and greeting me with a big hug.
and seeing the the pure joy on Cru's face when he watches his sister.
and the sass.
and Cru "putting out the fires" during bath time.

and the everyday chaos at the Buchman household.

My sweet angels, I will miss you so much!

We'll be back to reality before we know it (unfortunately), so I'm just going to enjoy this special time away with Chet. However, if I don't finish my notes for the grandparents and get to bed, there won't be any much-needed and much-appreciated get away for this Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment