Sunday, July 19, 2009

Cru sleeping in his crib

I am determined to get Cru sleeping in his crib. We started Friday night, it went as follows.
  • 11:26pm - put him in his crib sound asleep
  • 12:06am - awake and crying, held the pacifier in his mouth, went back to sleep
  • 12:49am - heard screaming, ran to Cru's room, he was sound asleep. It was Reese this time. I figured it was her nose, but I think it was a bad dream. She cried and said, "I want another bite." I couldn't get her to calm down, so Chet stepped in.
  • 1:03am - Cru awake, held the pacifier in his mouth and went right back to sleep.
  • somewhere between then and 2:37, Reese woke up again. Chet wiped her nose and she was back to sleep.
  • 2:37am - Cru awake, gave him his paci and he was out again
  • 5:37am - I woke up in a panic because Cru hadn't cried in three hours. I ran into his room, I didn't think he was breathing, but as soon as I moved him around, he moved. Sigh of relief.
  • 8:06am - Cru awake for the day

Not bad for the first full night.

Onto the second night.

  • 11:14pm - put him in his crib sound asleep (so I thought)
  • 11:17pm - screaming! Brought him back to bed with me and put him back sleep.
  • 12:41am - put him in his crib sound asleep. He immediately started crying, I did not give in though. Unfortunately, he cried until 2:06am! Please don't report me to child services. Reese cried for two and half hours the first night in her crib, and we've never had problems since then.
  • 2:06am - held paci in his mouth and immediately fell asleep
  • 6:00am - awake, gave him his paci, and he was back out again
  • 9:33am - awake for the day

It's obviously going to take some time with him, but we'll get it figured out as long as I stick to my guns. At this point, I'd rather be getting up several times a night than have him in bed with us. The joys of parenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment