Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just words

We haven't had a lot to blog about lately. Seems like we've been spending our days getting healthy and staying healthy.

Everlee is the sick one now. Poor baby girl. She has Cru's nasty cough, which sounds terrible coming from her little body. It's had me in a panic for the past few days, so yesterday I called my friend, Melisa, who's a PA, and asked her if I should be concerned. She said to watch for fever and trouble breathing. She hasn't run a fever, but I have noticed some wheezing, so I'm keeping a close eye on that. Because Everlee's nasal passage is so full of mucus and there's really no where for it to go, Melisa also suggested I get this battery operated nasal aspirator instead of just using the little blue one every baby gets in the hospital; it just doesn't get the job done. This new high tech one is made by Graco, and you can find them at Walmart for $20. This morning, it worked like a dream! Mucus be gone!

Cru is doing MUCH better! Still has a runny nose, a cough, and looks pretty skinny, but the stronger antibiotic seemed to do the trick for his ear infection. His attitude is well, back to normal, which actually isn't necessarily a good thing, but at least we know he's getting back to his old self.

With everyone not feeling well and the time change, the kids and I haven't been getting up until 8:30! So I figured getting Reese up for school today would be a struggle, not just for her, but me as well. I had my alarm set, but luckily Everlee's schedule already had me up because my alarm was still one hour behind. Reese pretty much got right out of bed, but while eating breakfast, she told me she was tired and going to take a nap on the couch this afternoon. That's my girl! She also has dance today, which she hasn't been to since Christmas break because of sickness and Everlee's birth. Glad we are getting her back on schedule!

Tax season has been in full swing for quite some time now. Chet's exhausted, but handling it all very well, and thankfully for him he hasn't had to go in at 3 am, yet. Did you know the deadline isn't until April 18th this year? We are already looking forward to our family zoo trip on the 19th!

I've decided to go on a spring cleaning binge this week to hopefully bring on SPRING! I'm going to pick one room/closet a day, and once Cru and Everlee go down for their afternoon naps, watch out!! Yesterday, Reese and I tackled my closet. All maternity clothes were SHIPPED OUT! All winter boots were moved to the bottom shelves/cubbies, but not before Reese pranced around the room in every pair. When I was pregnant, in order to make room for my maternity clothes, I packed up some of my t's and tanks, so I brought them back up from the basement, sorted through them for Goodwill, then hung the ones I kept back up. I also sorted through all my other clothes for Goodwill. And I dusted all my shelves and cubbies. Felt good! Felt like I was nesting again ;) Today, I am going to tackle Reese's room, mainly her closet.

In another attempt to bring on spring, Bows & Bands will be having a giveaway soon! Be watching for that!

See, not much going on. Hopefully, we'll all be feeling better soon and spring will be here and it'll be happier times and happier things to blog about!

No comments:

Post a Comment