Sunday, March 20, 2011

30

Well, it happened.....there was no stopping it.....I turned the big 3-0!

I appreciated all the calls, texts, and emails. And the gifts....you all are way too kind! My mom had a gift for me every day last week starting with Mary Kay make-up on Monday, a gift card for Mexican on Tuesday, a pedicure on Wednesday, jeans on Thursday, and a belt on Friday. She always goes that extra mile to make sure I feel special. Thanks Mom!

I received chocolates in the mail from a family friend.....some little boy literally tore into those (when I wasn't looking) before I could.



Thank you to my friend, Mindy, for the beautiful necklace!

And thanks to my bestie, Leann, for the flowers!


Photo courtesy of Reese.

And how do I ever begin to thank my husband for making me feel so loved. When I woke up, I walked out to the kitchen and found this.....



I called Chet and all I said was, "What is this?"

His response, "What every girl wants.....a money tree."

Is he good or what?



Yes, all hundreds :)

He planned for his mom to come over and watch the kids while we went to Wichita to spend the money and eat.

But before that, he brought home lunch from my favorite sandwich place and also had my parents join us for a little party since we were going to be gone all evening.

My cake :)



I was a little excited listening to Reese sing.



Lets all help Mommy!



Once Chet was able to leave work, we took off for Wichita. The first thing I planned to spend my money on was a new camera lens. I found what I wanted, but decided to save some money and order it online.

After that we headed to supper. I chose Sumo!



Yes, that is MY wine; my first drink in who knows how long. Probably why supper tasted so good.

After filling our bellies, we headed to the mall because that money was burning a whole in my pocket! One hour, one store, and $350 later, we decided we should probably head home (even though I still had money to spend :().

It was back to reality.....to my three little loves



Ahhh, reality - one had two fat lips, one was still really sick, and one was ready to nurse.

But what a great day!

So really, thirty schmirty.....I say bring it on! Bring on the best years of my life because I didn't know it could get much better than it's already been.

No comments:

Post a Comment