Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Update

In case you didn't see my morning post, check it out first.

As the day has went on, Cru's attitude is still pretty crummy.



However, not all has been bad:

  • The excitement on Reese's face when she walked out of pre-school holding a pumpkin she picked from her school's pumpkin patch was priceless. She was so excited to add it to our other pumpkins.


  • Today, I am wearing my favorite maternity sweater! I bought it when I was pregnant with Reese and sometimes wonder if I get pregnant just so I can wear it. Ha! Love, love, LOVE it!


  • I gave into my craving and indulged in some Dr. Pepper at lunch.
  • Cru may be a giant pain in the butt fussy today, but he's still pacifier free! No turning back now. And he went down like a champ at nap time!
  • Reese wanted to take a picture of me next to her new pumpkin....well, she missed the pumpkin, but her picture confirms my decision - she's definitely getting a camera for Christmas.


  • Today, when I picked Reese up from school, she was super excited about bringing home "the big book." Each page in the book has pictures and info about the students in her class. She hasn't put it down since she got home.


  • Reese LOVES yard art. Recently, we've found a few houses with lots of spooky Halloween decor. Today, her face brought me pure joy when we drove by some of those houses. And she was even more excited when I said we could see them again tonight when it's dark out. When you have kids, little things take on a whole new meaning.
  • Reese is always singing, and "Just gonna stand there and watch me burn....." was exactly what I needed to hear today. It was like having a teenager in the back seat.....that brings tears to my eyes.
  • Definitely makes me smile when I know the crock pot is making super for us!
See, today's not so bad.....at least that's what I'm telling myself. And who cares if Chet's going to play softball this evening, as soon as the kids are in bed, a giant bowl of ice cream will be waiting for me and I'll enjoy it to the fullest while watching my favorite show.



Thank you, God, for trying mornings. They make me see the good in things I otherwise may not.

No comments:

Post a Comment