Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day dream.....

I sleep in after an uninterrupted peaceful nights sleep. The house is quiet. I actually eat breakfast, then I spend more than 10 minutes getting myself ready in something other than sweats.

I meet friends at the spa, where we sip champagne and get pampered all day.

Before heading to dinner, we SHOP! And shop! At some place other than Baby Gap.

And finally, we eat dinner at an adult-only restaurant (no happy meals here!). We drink cocktails and laugh til your heart's content.

Ha!

Mother's Day reality.....

It's just shortly after 7 am, and I'm the first person out of bed. An hour later, others stumble down the hallway rubbing their sleepy eyes....let the chaos begin.

I figure I better start getting myself ready if all 5 of us are actually going to make it to church. I just get my contacts in when someone needs their poopy diaper changed.

After a 10 minute diaper change fiasco, I go back to getting myself ready, but it's just meltdown after meltdown.

I give up and just focus on the kids.

It's nearing time to leave, and I still need to pump milk to take along.

But now precious baby ain't so precious.....all she wants is a nap....in the peace and quiet; I can't blame her! Instead I just piss her off more by strapping her into her least favorite thing, the car seat.

I just look at Chet and about squash this whole church thing. Better yet, lets just squash the rest of the day. I feel like I've worked a full day, and it's only 10 am!

Oh, what a mother's day.

But isn't all that (and more) what being a mother is all about?

I wipe away tears....
I change poopy diapers....
I break up fights....
I sacrifice....
I am a MOM!





And best of all, I am Mom to these three....







I am so thankful for them. They are the greatest gifts I've ever been given. I pray for patience and wisdom to be the best mom I can be to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment