Monday, November 15, 2010

27 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 27 weeks
Size of baby: Weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long.
Total weight gain: 24 pounds! I gained 9 pounds since my last appointment (5 weeks ago). The nurse laughed hysterically at my reaction; she said it was priceless. I mean, of course, I'm going to gain weight, but 9 pounds! Holy crap, I was not expecting that!
Maternity clothes: Still wearing both maternity and regular clothes.
Gender: We've made it this long without finding out, it really doesn't even phase me not knowing. Of course, I still wonder, but that surprise is going to be priceless.
Movement: This little one moves and kicks all the flippin' time! The low blow kicks to the bladder remind me so much of when I was pregnant with Cru.
Sleep: Still sleeping good.
Symptoms: Heart burn, hot flashes, and leg cramps.....am I pregnant or turning 50?
What I miss: Nothing really
Cravings: Sour sugary stuff
Best moment of the week: Today's doctor's appointment, despite having to chug-a-lug that nasty glucose drink.

I'm thankful to not have gestational diabetes. Hearing the heartbeat never gets old. Every appointment from here on out is scheduled, even our c-section consultation with the other doctor. It made everything seem a little more real, and I couldn't feel more blessed!
What I'm looking forward to: Our sonogram on Friday! And decorating for Christmas! Reese and I put up her tree today.

No comments:

Post a Comment