Friday, August 6, 2010

Swimming at Grammi's

My parents have been out of town for a few days, so we've been watching over their house, which means full access to the pool! I don't feel comfortable taking both kids by myself during the day, so Chet and I decided to spend the evening over there last night. However, Chet was asked last minute to sub at men's night, but crazy me decided to take them anyways. Cheyna was going to join us later in the evening, so how bad could it be, right?



Uh, bad!

Cru refused to get in the water. And the whole neighborhood heard how ticked he was about it.



He kept throwing himself on the ground, throwing a fit, and pointing to the back door like get me outta here.

I just let him scream. Luckily, one of the neighbors started mowing, so I think that drowned out the shrieks and shrills a bit.

During Cru's 45 minutes of fit throwing, someone else could have cared less and was having a blast!







Finally, I said....well, I won't tell you what I said, but I just brought Cru into the water, and let him throw his fit in my arms. He just clung to me. So, I bounced and sang and cheered for Reese, who was doing a fantastic job kicking and blowing bubbles.





He finally calmed down a bit.



I decided to try the tube again, and I think he was just plum tuckered out.



About that time, Cheyna showed up.

My timid little Reesey had been begging to go off the diving board.....I have no idea where that was coming from? We told her to try going off the side first.



We cheered and cheered her on, but no go. At least, not alone.



Poor Cheyna.....such a good auntie.



Jumping off the side wasn't cuttin' it though. She insisted on going off the board. Yet, once again, not alone.





Now Reese was the one ticked....she is not a fan of going under.



Needless to say, that was the end of that! She survived though.



Meanwhile, little man was starting to warm up....



some smiles....



bird watching....



and even a little splashing....



What a fun evening, kinda. I would certainly never expect a drama-free evening, not in our household.

Thanks, Cheyna, for joining us (and putting up with us) and making Reese's night. She had a blast!



And the best part, BOTH of my kids slept until 9:30 this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment