Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm a celebrity, get me outta here!

OK, so I'm not a celebrity, but seriously, get me outta here! Get me out of my house that is.

For the past week and half, I've felt like a prisoner in my own home. I love the days when I decide we'll stay in all day in our jammies, however, when nature decides to drop inches of snow and drop the temperature down to the single digits and give my son a fever (and now a rash all over his body) and force us to stay inside for days and days, that's when I start losing my sanity.

I'd had it! Despite today still being quite chilly, I warmed up the van, bundled up the kids, and went on a Christmas decoration tour - something Reese loves. Yes, we went in the middle of the afternoon. I was desperate, plus Reese gets the just as excited seeing her favorite decorations night or day.

Reese's requests: (Yes, I took pictures while driving. Remember, I've lost my sanity!)

Reindeer



Baby Jesus



The blow ups, Reese's favorite!



And down the "alley-alley-o" (I don't know where she got that from?) And yes, these are ALL at one house.


Reese also requested we go see the waving Santa. It took me a while to figure that one out. We came across this house a couple weekends ago during a Christmas light tour, and I'm surprised she wanted to go back because at night, this Santa is kinda scary looking (and they have a creepy one in the window too). When Reese saw this house for the first time, she kept asking, "Where are we? Where are we?" Then immediately proceeded to tell me we were lost and needed to go home.

But here we are again. Maybe the daylight had something to do with wanting to go back.

Hi Santa


It's supposed to get up into the 40's tomorrow, and as far as I know Reese's dance class isn't cancelled, so it looks like we'll be escaping, thank goodness.

Oh, and as far as Cru goes, he's been without fever since Monday, but I noticed the rash breaking out Monday night. It's spread all over his body throughout the day today. I remember this happening with Reese, and when I took her to the doctor, he said it was just a virus working itself out of the body. He's acting fine (except for lots of nightly cryouts), but I'm guessing he'll be even better by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment