Thursday, September 10, 2009

That's gonna leave a mark!

So, of course, I couldn't go to bed without posting (and because my back is throbbing and because I wanted some ice cream). It was tattoo night tonight! Hard to believe this is what I looked like just a few hours ago...

The tattooing obviously hadn't began yet because I was not this smiley during the process.
Chelsea wasn't this smiley during hers either.

A work in progress
The finished product
Let me explain what these flowers mean. The top pink one is a gladiolus, which is the August birth month flower, which was when Reese was born. And the bottom blue one is a violet, which is the February birth month flower, which is when Cru was born. Like I said before, I've wanted another tattoo since I got my first one....I loved the feeling, I loved the rush it gave me. So for over a year, I've been thinking and thinking, and it wasn't until our recent trip to Vail that I finally decided what I wanted. I knew I wanted something that involved the kids, and one morning (in Vail) as I'm laying in bed with Cru watching him sleep oh so peacefully, it just hit me - I would get their birth month flowers on my back hip and that was that; since then I've never wanted anything different. So I've been super excited about getting these and also super nervous. I told myself all day, "It's going to hurt just deal with it. That's why you wanted another one in the first place." Yes, it hurt, and pardon my french, it hurt like hell! Not so much that I don't want another one because I (and the artist) already have plans to add to this, but I think it's safe to say that I've got my fix for a while. Have I mentioned it hurt like hell?! Well worth it though. I love it, and I love what it's about.

No comments:

Post a Comment