Friday, September 25, 2009

Pops

A member of the Marasco family (our dear family friends) passed away this past week. I want to keep this short because frankly it makes my heart ache to write about it, but he was too good of a man not to say a little something. My family's friendship with the Marascos began and grew because of baseball, so most of my memories of Pops were at baseball games starting from the time Ty and Matt were 12 years old up until just a couple years ago when they were teammates at Emporia State. My first memory of Pops (I can picture it perfectly) was watching him bring his wife to a baseball game (I know all of you who know what I'm talking about are getting a little chuckle right now). Now, when I think of Pops, I think of the sweetest man who greeted you with a smile and a kiss (no matter if you were a boy or a girl). Good ol' Pops. He was everybodys Pops. The Marasco family, my family, and many other families were blessed with the most caring, compassionate, kind-hearted, love-your-family-with-all-your-heart man. We love you Pops. We will miss you and never forget you. I have a feeling "It's not the same without Pops" is going to be said a lot. The whole Marasco family, you are in our prayers. Thanks for sharing your Pops with my family and many other families.

Pops with my mom at our wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment