Wednesday, March 5, 2014

40 Bags in 40 Days

Today is the first day of Lent....40 days of sacrifice, prayer, self control, and renewal.  I don't think I've ever given up anything during Lent.  Our church doesn't make a huge deal of it, although I'm sure there are people in our congregation that do it.  I stumbled across 40 bags in 40 days, which is ridding your house of "stuff".  So while we aren't necessarily sacrificing anything, we are letting go and hopefully feel renewed by the end.

DECRAPIFYING!

I foresee great things!

Here is our list....



I am going to do my best to document each step of working towards 40 bags. 

Today, I worked on the pantry.  My trash bag was overflowing!  And I added some items to my existent garage sale bag. 



(Yes, my kids eat cereal (actually ate it for supper tonight at 8:30pm) and macaroni and cheese, my husband eats crackers, I eat oreos, and we all like chips....sue us!)

If I only accomplished this for the next 40 days, I'd be happy!  It felt so good!

But I don't plan on stopping now!

Trash bags - 1
Garage sale bags - 1
Total - 2!

***For my own records...

I took the kids to the Ash Wednesday service by myself.  They were in rare form from the beginning.  As we were walking up to have the sign of the cross in ashes put on our foreheads, Everlee suddenly saw people who already had their crosses and proceeded to yell, "Look at her tattoo, Mommy!"  And then talked about her tattoo during the rest of the service. 

Between Cru running in and out of the sanctuary to find Grandpa, Reese lassoing pews in front of us with her scarf, and Everlee talking {loudly} non stop and telling me to "lisper", I really don't know how we all survived?  Maybe it was the two cups of communion wine I had instead of one....hey, it was either me or Cru drinking it! 

PS - It also snowed again today :(  Like everyone else, I'm wondering when mother nature is going to get her act together.  Here is Cru making best of being stuck inside again...

 

Everyone needs this song on their playlist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment