Saturday, January 26, 2013

Basketball Heaven

Remember when I shared that Chet, Ty, Audrey, and I received KU tickets from my parents for Christmas?  The game was two weeks after Christmas....thank goodness!  It would have been torture waiting any longer!  It was on a Sunday afternoon, and part of the deal was my parents were going to watch all the grandkids.  Reese had been counting down the days until Charlee would be here!  This was around the time Cru had been so sick, and actually, on this day, he had started throwing up some again, but my parents were still going to watch him and keep him quarantined from the girls.  Then, about ten minutes before we were planning to leave town, Ty and Audrey called to say that Charlee had started throwing up.

We weren't quite sure how it was all going to work out, but in the end, it did!  A big thanks to my parents for watching our kids even though Cru was sick, and a big thanks to Audrey's parents, who watched Charlee despite her being sick.  And although, I know Audrey felt bad about leaving Charlee when she was so sick, I have a feeling, she was thankful she did because we had so much fun!!!

We had a parking pass, so we literally parked and walked about 25 feet and then we were inside basketball heaven!

We enjoyed taking a little tour through the Hall of Fame area....such history.

Then, we found ourselves at one of the tunnels....

The guy working security in the tunnel told everyone they needed to clear the area because players would be coming through soon.  We decided we weren't leaving until the players ran through....major photo opp!  I texted my dad saying we looked like crazy tourists anxiously waiting with our phones and cameras ready to record this memory.

We waited and waited.  There weren't many people waiting so we had front row spots.

They finally roped off the they come!

Oh wait, it's the opposing team!

We are do dumb!  Haha!  Still made a memory!

We went to our seats....

Ty and Audrey were center court about two rows behind the second sign.

Chet and I were across the gym a little more in the corner about half way up.

Both of us couples enjoyed our seats.  We talked about switching at half, but I think my motion sickness would have gotten the best of me sitting in their seats, so we all stayed put.  I did come prepared though...I went to Walgreen's before we left town and bought those wrist bands you can wear to prevent motion sickness.  Dork, I know!  But heights make me very queasy.

We saw a fantastic game!!!

I haven't been to a game since college, so it felt like the first time again....I think that's how it feels every time you walk in that place....seriously amazing!

And we have the best fans!

The whole game was back and forth.  And the last nine minutes were crazy!  And so fun to watch live!  The elderly lady sitting next to me was even stomping her cane!

And the icing on the cake to our pull-it-out-of-our-butts-victory, McLemore's monster dunk!

Thank you so much, Mom and Dad!  A Christmas present we will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment