Thursday, July 28, 2011

Reese lost her first tooth!

When you become a parent, you quickly realize how awesome it is witnessing your child’s accomplishments….first smile, rolling over, sitting up, first tooth....

Reese got her first tooth 1/31/07 and her second 2/1/07.

She already had a perfect smile, but somehow those toothies made it just a little more perfect…..

And then that smile takes on a whole other look of perfection....

Yesterday, Reese lost her first tooth!

It's been loose since 4th of July weekend, and I knew the day was coming when it would be time to pull it out. And to be honest, I was dreading it. I just pictured blood and drama.

But much to my surprise, there wasn't drama (and just a little blood)!

I knew Reese was in the bathroom, so I thought she was doing bathroom things. So imagine how shocked I was when she ran out and said, "Look what I have, Mom! I just pushed it out!"



We high fived and I told her how proud I was of her (in an excited screaming whisper since Everlee was asleep in my arms).

She was pumped, but then just carried on like it was no big deal.

Grandma Cheryl made her a very special tooth fairy pillow....







and when she woke up this morning, she was so excited to find dollars in exchange for her tooth! Four of them!



What a great memory! Makes me so thankful to be a parent.

Yes, she's growing up fast, but my mom reminded me that this milestone is part of our earthly journey and to cherish these moments to the fullest!



Way to go, Sis! We are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment