Monday, September 13, 2010

18 weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:
How far along: 18 weeks....almost half way!
Size of baby: weighs almost 7 ounces and is around 5 1/2 inches long - around the length of a belle pepper.
Total weigh gain: 10 pounds....I gained 7 flippin pounds in a month! Whoops! It's ok though because half of it went to my boobs! At least that's what I'm telling myself.
Maternity clothes: No
Gender: ?
Movement: Yes!
Sleep: Sleeping good except for pre-school mornings....Reese told me the other morning that it wasn't time to get up yet because it was still dark out. I feel ya, girl.
Symptoms:
No energy
What I miss: Mt. Dew....maybe I didn't have energy before I was pregnant, it was just my daily dose of Dew.
Cravings: Nothing lately
Best moment of the week:
Today! Our day started with my doctor's appointment, and despite having to take both kids by myself (which yeah, doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but when it's my appointment and it's me laying on the table and me peeing in the cup, it's kinda a big deal with two crazy kids locked in a tiny room, then one has to poop in the middle of the appointment, but is scared to go because she thinks she's going to have to poop in a cup.....chaos is more like it.). But it went well (besides the scale shocker). Heart beat was good and strong. We then went to McDonald's for breakfast, where the kids played and I chatted with some other moms - adult conversation always makes my day! We then went to the park to feed the ducks.





All went great until we ran out of bread, which Cru then proceeded to feed the ducks his hat - his KU hat that he wears EVERYWHERE :( Reese sobbed and sobbed - "It's drowning, the sharks are going to eat it!" I was yelling at her to find me a long stick....."'Ahhh, it's drowning!" Despite all my efforts to save the hat, which included even folding up our stroller to try to reach it and almost falling belly first into the nasty water, I'm guessing sharks probably didn't eat it, but it sure as heck drown. I'm so sad. Today was still a good day though. I made tons of bows this afternoon, Cru and I enjoyed Sonic drinks after a hot walk through the park with my mom (yes, I did look in the water for his hat as we walked. No such luck.), we had Chinese for supper, and of course, topped my night off with ice cream.



What I'm looking forward to: The birth of my niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment