Friday, June 18, 2010

To Chet on your 30th

Wow, so we kept talking about this day coming, but I can't believe it's actually here.....30! Seems crazy, huh? I can't even begin to describe the amount of pride I have for you in all you've accomplished so far in your life....I can't imagine what your parents must feel. In your honor, I made a list of the top 30 things I love about you. So here it goes.



  1. Your devotion to Christ. You've always had a relationship, but to feel the power of how much it's grown lately is truly amazing and inspiring.
  2. The way you love me despite all my flaws.
  3. Your love for our children! It's written all over their faces when you walk thru the door that they love you just as much if not more.
  4. You are an over achiever, which is how you've accomplished all you have in 30 years.
  5. Your wittiness.
  6. The fact that your glass is always have full.
  7. To watch you play golf.
  8. You give 110% 110% of the time.
  9. Have to pee more than most women.
  10. Your amazing blue eyes.
  11. In all my pregnancy doctor visits, you have never missed one.
  12. Your ability to encourage, uplift, and guide people.
  13. Your love for rap and hip hop music.
  14. You put up and watch all my weekly tv shows with me.....which I think you secretly enjoy some of them more than you let on ;)
  15. Your love for sleep, although I must admit, this one drives me a bit crazy some days. But then again, maybe I'm just jealous that you can fall asleep anytime anywhere.
  16. Your work ethic.
  17. Your role as a big brother/friend to your siblings.
  18. Never left my side when I was so ill.
  19. How you work so hard so I can stay at home with our children.
  20. You are always striving to be better.
  21. When you come home after a long days work, I never hear complaining (and that's all you hear from me....sorry) and you give us all your attention.
  22. How you respect your parents.
  23. The way you listen.
  24. Your love for reading.
  25. Your love for Dave Ramsey.
  26. Your leadership.
  27. I have never seen or heard you be hateful.
  28. You are my personal calculator.
  29. That we share the same dreams.
  30. That you are Chet.....the best Chet you can be every day.

I look forward to a wonderful birthday weekend (especially today when it's just the two of us!). Happy 30th! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment