Monday, June 7, 2010

Coach, you're on the mound!

While attending a baby shower brunch Saturday morning in Wichita, my family learned that later that evening my brother would be on the mound for the team he coaches, not plays for, coaches. He pitches to his players every day, but he hasn't been on the mound pitching to players from the opposite team in 2 years! I love baseball, but I especially love watching my brother pitch so there was no way I was going to miss this. So we loaded up the kids and headed back to Wichita. He wanted none of us there. Audrey advised us to sit in our cars until game time so he wouldn't see us in the stands. Get over it, bro!

We were barely in the stadium, and Cru was in his element - all eyes on the field.



Reese and Audrey (and baby in tummy) ready to cheer on Ty.



I guess earlier Ty told Audrey NO ONE better be taking pictures. Ha, yeah right!



As my dad would say, I bet his butt is startin' to pucker up now!



I think we were all pretty nervous and ready for him to get that first pitch under his belt....



which was a strike!



Not only is he a great coach to his players, but what a great role model.



Reese pulling out the winning ticket.



It really is hard getting a 15 month old boy to sit still during an entire baseball game especially with it being so hot and humid, so we just let him run!



He looks guilty, huh?



That's because he was....guilty of being a boy.



Ty came out in the top of the 6th when the Broncos had the lead, and they kept the lead so he ended up getting the win! He did awesome!



It wasn't just us that were proud - his players, the general manager, and fans were all proud of his performance and the way he stepped up for his team.

No comments:

Post a Comment