Thursday, June 24, 2010

Celebrations

We've had lots to celebrate this week.....
  • My one main goal of the summer was to get Reese potty trained at night. She's been potty trained for quite a long while, except at night. And I take all the blame because one, I'm lazy and two, I had no idea how to potty train at night. I figured I had some time to mentally prepare myself to get ready for this, however about a week and a half ago, we were in the middle of our normal bedtime routine when Chet caught her peeing in her pull up. He had enough! He made her take her pull up off and put on panties. Once we left her room, my reaction, "Do you realize how many times we're going to be up tonight?!" His response, "Oh, I didn't think about that." She wet her bed four nights in a row starting with that night. Not fun! We weren't turning back, but I had no idea what to do.....was I supposed to wake her up throughout the night and make her go? That was not a habit I was excited about getting into. Something must have clicked though because she has now made it a full week with no accidents during the night! Every morning she wakes up, she can't wait to tell me, "I didn't pee in my bed!" And I can't wait to hear it! As a reward for her doing such a good job she got to go to Pizza Hut for lunch one day this week (among a few other surprises).



Cru enjoyed getting in on that reward too!


  • Today, Chet and I are celebrating 9 years since our first date together. Wow! We've been through and done a lot together during that time, and there's no one I'd rather have by my side. Love you, babe.
  • Yesterday, was my one year blog-iversary.

Time sure does fly!

Cheers to our week of celebrations!

No comments:

Post a Comment