Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Dillon Nature Center

This is our down week.  Our focus has been laundry.  Lots and lots of laundry in preparation for Florida.  With a couple birthday parties and soccer practices thrown in the mix.

Yesterday, the only thing on our agenda was hair cuts for the girls; I was kind of relieved to have the day at home....and then I got a text asking if the kids wanted to have a play date.  I was thinking park, she was thinking Dillon Nature Center in Hutch.  I thought about saying no, but I definitely don't love laundry enough to stay home from a fun, FREE playdate to a new place!

Yes, I said free!  (fyi - the Hutch zoo is free as well) I was in somewhat of a rush when we left, so I forgot my camera, but take my word for it, it's beautiful there!  Plus, yesterday's weather was amazing!  The kids spent quite a bit of time playing in the HUGE sandpit.  Sandpit sounds gross and ugly; this was not, but I don't know what else to call it.  I was kind of worried if any of my kids would actually take their shoes off and get their toes dirty, especially Cru.  He is like me...doesn't like to get his bare feet wet, then add sand to the mix.  But they LOVED it!  It was great beach prep!






A little story about the picture above....the kids had been playing in the sand for quite some time.  There had been issues, no fighting, and then this girl (pictured above with Cru) showed up and started throwing sand and water everywhere.  After the third time, Reese said, "I'm outta here!"  She continued.  Then with her spoon full of water, she walked up to Cru and said, "Can I throw this on you?"

His reply, "No way!  And if you do, I'll throw this on you!"

She ran away :)

And not realizing it, but I captured the conversation in this picture above when I was photographing Everlee.

We decided it was a good time to move on, so we headed towards the trails.  There were two to choose from.  It was like you were in the woods, then you walked through a field of wild flowers.  Each trail was nearly a mile, but the kids never complained once.  I complained....because I was carrying multiple caterpillars!  And flowers!  Next time, we will bring our bug house!  My kids girls love bugs!






There was also a huge pond where you can feed ducks, but sadly, there were no ducks yesterday :(

We didn't take time to explore the indoors....too beautiful outside.

I'm happy we went - kids loved it, and now we have a new place to visit when we go to Hutch!


Kenna (born two days before Everlee), her brother Grayson peeking his head under the bear (born two days before Cru), Cru, Everlee, and Reese



 Until next time.....


No comments:

Post a Comment