Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Day in the Life

I know a lot of people have this preconceive notion that us stay at home moms pretty much don't do jack squat during the day except eat bon bons and watch soaps.  I know this because I used to be one of those people that thought that.  My BFF and I swore we were going to get married, live in the same town, raise our kids together, run on the treadmill while gossiping and watching the Young and the Restless.

Let me give you a glimpse of bon bons and soaps....

Monday, June 30.

Wake 8:00am.  Now, this is a little earlier than normal for us :)  I set my alarm....yes, I have to set my alarm to be up 8am.  It's summer, we have no bedtime!

Ok, so actually, I think I woke around 8:12 ;)  I knew I needed to get some things done this morning because a) I'm already behind and b) it's only going to get worse with our busy day.

I get breakfast for the littles, start laundry, snap a few pics of my Bows & Bands inventory, and begin getting myself ready.  I also had to call the dentist to reschedule my appointment for the morning, which turns into needing to reschedule the kids' appointments for the afternoon since their hygienist was gone.

Phone calls while being a stay at home mom >>> IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Somehow nearly two hours have passed, and now it's time to head out for swim lessons.

We had to make some different arrangements for lessons this summer because our teacher from last summer was currently full.  Lessons were to begin at 10:30am at the Country Club.  Each kid had a 20 minute lesson.  The girl teaching called as we were on our way out there and said she would be a few minutes late because her dentist appointment ran late.  No biggie.  We waited for a few minutes, and Reese said she had to poop.  I told her to run inside.  Doors locked.  Country Club is not open on Mondays.



Our instructor gets there, and I suggested she go ahead and start with Cru, who was very nervous and did not want to participate, while I run Reese back into town to the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Cru is peeing by the tree....

25 minutes later, we are back.

Everlee and Reese get their lesson.  We head back home.  It's now 12:22.  I have to be at the dentist at 1:00.  We were supposed to be done with lessons at 11:30.

Kids fly in the house, change, we briefly say hi to Chet, then fly to Grandma's so she can watch the kids during my appointment.

I finish up my appointment 45 minutes later, swing by the post office to pick up a package, and I'm told it won't be there until after 4:15.

The kids earned a special reward, so I decided to surprise them with a milk shake from Sonic.  Off to Sonic I go!  Hey, Mac peeps - Sonic upgraded their menus and card machines!  While ordering milk shakes, I realize wow, I'm starving!  Then I start to wonder when was the last time I ate???  I know I didn't have supper the night before.

After picking up the kids, I honestly don't know what time we got back home.  But I remember thinking, we should have some time to relax before Reese's softball game at 6.

I had to send an important email, a friend stopped by, laundry was EVERYWHERE, and the next thing I know, it's 5:00.  Reese's game starts in an hour, she has to change, pack her bags (she was going to a sleepover afterwards), etc.

Again, when was the last time I ate???  Usually, this isn't a problem :)

6:00pm game on a hot sunny HUMID day = a sweaty, sweaty mess of a mama!  But so worth it!  We are loving softball!

After the game, Chet dropped Reese and I off at her friend's Grandma's to swim.  The four girls were swimming there first, then headed to another girl's house to spend the night.  I told Chet to take the littles and pick up something for supper (not sure when I last cooked??), and I would walk home.

It's now 8 or shortly before, I start walking home....Reese was so sad to see me leave....NOT!!! :)

I got home around 8:20....I may or may not have chatted with others I saw out on my way home.

I was headed out to run with the girls just shortly after 9.  Still haven't eaten, so I finally sat for a second snacking on some almonds and Gatorade.  Give the littles a quick bath before I leave.

Run under a beautiful lightening show.

Then, it's off to Walmart.  I hate that place late a night.  I try not to draw too much attention to myself since I'm alone, and wouldn't you know, 10:45pm and my printer ink cartridge set the alarm off.


So, here it is 12:59am.  Still starving.

Tomorrow, I get to wake up and do it all over again.  Only this time, my Tuesday alarm is set for 5:12am.

And I wouldn't trade any of it for anything else in this world.

Oh, and what was that about just being a stay at home mom.....

No comments:

Post a Comment