Thursday, October 10, 2013

At the end of the day....

After yesterday, I was done.  Discouraged.  Defeated.  Ready to throw in the towel on the rest of the week.

This morning, my perspective changed thanks to a very special seven year old.


































Reese brought home the show-n-tell bag last night.  She's been talking about this for months....when I'm prayer leader, and I get to bring the show-n-tell bag home, I want to bring Coy!  Well, there was no way in hell I was taking the dog to school!  Let me rephrase that....since Coy would not fit in the show-n-tell bag, I asked her to think of what is most special to her....

Sunny.

Sunny appears to be like any other ordinary stuffed animal....soft and cuddly.  But I assure you, she (could be he) is hardly ordinary....more like extraordinary.

Reese received Sunny from the firemen who helped when her, my mom, and I were in our horrible car accident over two years ago.  She provided comfort, distraction, security during a very scary time.

And today, Sunny distracted me from the negativity I was feeling.  And reminded me that life is precious.

I was ready to throw in the towel after a long day of excessive whining and chaos (WITH THE LITTLE PEOPLE WHO MEAN THE MOST TO ME), yet I can walk away from an accident that could have taken the life of my child or my mom.....

Yes, some days are harder than others.  Some days are easier than others too.  At the end of the day, be thankful you are even here to fight these daily battles.....even if it requires pulling your hair out and excessive drinking :)

And be present to what the little loves in your life are teaching you.


No comments:

Post a Comment