Friday, May 3, 2013

Hello, Friday!

So happy to see you and the sunshine!

Just posting some updates for my own records.

Reese will be home in about an hour and will have completed her first week of Kindercare.  She loves it!  I was a little worried when she came home her first day and said she LOVED lunch time, but had to do extra paper work and didn't want to go back.  I have no idea where that girl gets her laziness from ;)  The whining quickly ended when she stopped dead in her tracks, wrapped her arms around me, and said, "Thank you so much for the note in my lunch box!"  I honestly melted...the perks of being a mom.  She followed up with, "You're going to put one in there every day, right?"  Hell yes!  That's seriously the only thing that keeps me motivated to make pb&j's every single night at 11pm.

3 more week of school!  Can you believe that?!

Oh, Everlee!  Thinks she's one of the big kids.  But who am I kidding?  She practically is!  You know how I mentioned in a previous post that she's been using the big girl potty, but we aren't pushing it?  Well, she seems to be pushing herself!  It's been two days in a row of dry pull ups!  And it's not even me asking her if she has to go, SHE TELLS ME!!!  Where is this coming from?! 

I am not a pull up person.  I think they are confusing to the kids because they feel just like a diaper, so I've always bypassed them and went right to underwear, but because I'm taking the lazy approach to this and I'd rather her pee her pants than pee in a public restroom, I bought her some.  So, they are passing the test for that purpose.  I have to admit, it does make me happy it's going so well, but still sad at the same time....I want her to be the baby forever....




And not to leave the little wild man out....



It was his turn to bring the show and tell bag to school....he chose to bring his (dead) shark that Grandma Cheryl brought him from Florida.  He said his friends loved it...I'm sure Ms. Becky did as well :)  As you can see, he truly is one of a kind!

It seems to be that time of year where everyone's lives are so hectic and busy, I wish it would all just slow down a bit.  Last night, we skipped soccer so I could feed the kids supper before Reese's music concert at school, and ten minutes before we had to leave, Chet comes flying in from work, and he said, "I wish I had time to just sit and eat a meal."  Rush, rush, rush, busy, busy, busy!  With that being said, I'm going to end this post and go spend some one-on-one time with my little man while little sister sleeps and before big sister gets home from school.

Have a happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment