Monday, May 21, 2012

Muffins with Mom

I seem to be on somewhat of a mom kick....

The week of Mother's Day, Reese's class had Muffins with Mom. You'd think being a stay-at-home-mom, it would be no problem for me to go to any and all daytime events, however, it's not always that easy when there are other little ones at home. And this particular week was pure madness as far as juggling the kids' events and Chet's schedule. For a brief moment, I thought I had run into a bind and wouldn't be able to go to Muffins with Mom, but it was Sherri to the rescue! I feel so fortunate to be able to call upon her (just as I did with Reese's field trip to the pumpkin patch), and she is always willing to help me out. Plus, I knew Cru would have a blast with his buddy, Hunter!

Reese and her classmates had fun showing us around their classroom when all of us moms arrived. It was no surprise to me that the house center is Reese's favorite.



Next, Ms. Becky read us all a book....cue the tears!



Every mama needs this book! We all need this reminder that it's not always about your baby's firsts, but their lasts.

We enjoyed delicious muffins, then afterwards the kids sang a song for all of us.




"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY"

The kids also gave us each a bracelet with their picture on it.



And finally, Ms. Becky wrapped up our time together by reading us a little question and answer she did with each of our kids.....



1. What is your mom's name: Jami
2. What does she do: She works on hair bows
3. How old is she: 3 (What? Reese told me, "I know you're 31, but Ms. Becky told me just to guess.")
4. When is she the prettiest: When she goes out to eat with other people
5. What does your mom like to make: Hair bows for me
6. My mom always says: I love you, Reese
7. When mom shops, she loves to buy: Clothes

She knows me so well!



I always say that being a mom is the most rewarding job....that morning was one of those amazing rewards! At the same time, it was kinda like a slap in the face, yet again, reminding me how fast my little girl is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment