Sunday, February 5, 2012

12 months

How about that Super Bowl game? Actually, I could really care less. Last year's Super Bowl Sunday is by far my most favorite, memorable Super Bowl ever. And will probably forever be. No, not because I'm a Packers fan, but because that's the day our sweet Everlee was born.



"Our" plans for that day were to go to church, spend the afternoon finishing up last minute to-do's before baby's arrival, then have a small Super Bowl get together with my parents and my brother's family.



However, He is the one who has all the plans.....



We never made it home from church that morning. I was in so much pain, we were instructed to get to the hospital ASAP because the doctor thought my uterus was rupturing. I begged Chet to take me home - I needed to shower, finish packing my back, grab hair bows in case it was a girl, and number one, get my camera.



There was no convincing him....to the hospital we went!



They started running tests immediately.....



So many people say, "Oh, she was ready to come out!"



No, it wasn't her; she was perfectly content! It was her mommy and her mommy's health issues - my Crohns was flared up.



Out she came! The doctors knew Reese really wanted a sister, so when they pulled her out, they didn't even say, "It's a girl!" They said, "It's a sister!"



7 pounds 14 ounces.....our smallest baby!



Everything happened so fast, and I'm so thankful all my doctors were able to be there on such short notice, including my Crohns surgeon, which it's no secret that he holds a very special place in mine and Chet's hearts.



My health has given more fits since Everlee's birth than it has in the past 10 years, but she's worth it!



Her smile, her giggle, her cuddling, her love for her brother and sister, her joy that overwhelms her when her Daddy walks through the door.....she is so much more than I could have ever asked for!



To add to her already adorable-ness (not sure if that's a word, but I like it!), she now has an "uh-oh" face....



She even says "uh-oh" when she drops things.....the dropping something then waiting for someone to pick it up so she can drop it again is a favorite game of hers :)

She still sits with her feet crossed. All the time!



Love it!

And she's totally into blowing raspberries!



I think she's starting to give up bottles/formula all on her own, which I'm totally fine with!



I'm sure I could go on and on about all the things she's doing, but I think you all get the point....we pretty much think she's the best baby!



And her stats, well, I'll be sure to report those as soon as I make her one year appointment.....note to self - make Everlee's one year appointment :)



Happy 12 months Everlee Brooke! Your first year has been filled with so much love and laughs and great memories that we will all treasure FOREVER! Thanks for being the best third child we could ask for! We love you more than you will ever know! And we can't wait to see what's in store for you!

Party pics coming next!!!

1 comment: