Thursday, August 6, 2015

Back to Reality

We just returned from a wonderful vacation in Florida.

 
I plan to blog about it.  I think.  The reality is, we all know how that goes ;)

Speaking of reality, I got a hard dose of it today. 

Reality does not understand that parents need a vacation from vacation!

We were all up (with no alarms set!) by 7:30am.

Yuck!

Everlee had gymnastics.  The bigs wanted to go to Grandma's instead of watching, so I did what every good mom would do whose children ate donuts every day of vacation....got donuts and dropped them off at Grandma's!

After gymnastics, Ev and I headed to pick them up.  And ate donuts too.  Because what's one more pound when I've already gained 10 in 10 days.

Everlee never sits still while eating.  Half way through her donut and two outfit changes later, she walks into the kitchen saying she choked.  She's coughs a bit, and my mom and I run her into the bathroom.  She keeps saying she choked.  Then spews! 

In the toilet, praise God!

In the meantime, as I'm receiving this slap to the face dose of reality, a friend, whom also just arrived home from vacation, is texting me asking where I got my last pedicure because she's taking time for herself today.

Really???

I mean, good for her.

Moving on....school supplies.  Shopping for school supplies is the best....when you're a kid!  And all we bought today was paper, pencils, and some glue sticks!

This all happened before noon.

We spent the rest of the day delivering seashells to our neighbors (which turned into hours of playing)....



Never mind the laundry.

And I may or may not have stared at vacation photos....



And to think, while on vacation, I was only worried about the reality of school starting in 11 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment