Monday, August 17, 2015

Back to the Grind....3rd, 1st, and Pre-K

When you're a stay at home mom, you become accustomed to chaos...all around you...all the time!

Until your kids are old enough to go to school.  Then, you get a small break.  Kind of.

But then, just when you get used to that break, the kids get their {summer} break.

And all hell breaks loose.  Again.

Only one day in and I honestly wasn't sure we'd survive the whole summer.

Constant fighting, sh*t strung out all over, someone always hungry, another one always bored.

I complained.  A lot.

When you are a stay at home mom, you never leave your "office".  It's hard.

But it's also the job I chose to do.  The job my husband works so hard for me to do.

And I wouldn't change a thing.

Because just as I'm thinking about strangling those little loves {kidding!  kind of.}, summer is over and school starts all over again.



How does time pass so quickly?!

Evee has taken a liking to Blake Shelton's song, Sangria.  She sings her own lyrics, of course.

"...lipstick saaannnnd-greeee-diaaaaa"

The older kids laugh at her, but have adopted her lyrics.

And since our dvd AND cd player are out of commish in the van, the radio is our only choice, and the first song they ask for is Sangria.  All the time.

Yes, they think I control the songs the radio plays.

I wish.

Radio stations suck!

Anyways, after walking into school with three kids....




































































































then walking out with zero, I was lost.

And as I drove my van out of the school parking lot....

"lips taste like sangria" played on the radio.

Tears.

The days are long, but the years are short.

I never want to take this opportunity staying at home for granted.

The Y and Dillons consumed every minute of my alone time.

I'll take that!

Favorite snippets from kids' first day....

Evee - "I asked Miss Becky if she knew dehrrrrr dehrrr dehrrr dehrrr dehr {dancing motions included}.  She did." {Come and get Your Love dance sequence from Guardians of the Galaxy}.





































































Reese - LOVED every minute of her day!  LOVED her teachers!  And then proceeded to tell me that boy #1 and boy #2 "were so funny at lunch! Boy #1 kept saying that boy #2 likes me!  And boy #2 kept saying that boy #1 likes me!"  Oh. dear.
























































Cru - He was the most nervous, like last year.  But he LOVED staying all day!  LOVED eating lunch...."I ate and talked with girl #1".  Geez!  He also got "four recesses!"  Oh..."and I feel asleep in class."  Saaay whaaaat?!!!  Yep, on the carpet while his teacher was reading a book after lunch.  Apparently, boy #1 feel asleep too.  OHHH-EMMM-GEEEEE!!!!

























































































I think they're off to a good start :)

And they're all in bed at 7:45!

And I want more kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment