Monday, August 18, 2014

Back To School

I can't believe school has started again!  We had a wonderful summer, but I can't help but think we didn't do everything I had hoped.  As fast as time is going, it'll soon be Christmas, then spring break, then the last day of school, so I won't get too upset because we'll be back to staying up late and sleeping in before we know it ;)

Reese is now in 2nd grade.  Whoa, let me say that again....2nd grade!



































She insisted on a cross body backpack this year, and could have cared less about pencils and glue, give her keychains!  She even has two that light up "in case the power goes out"!

 
































I believe her words after the first day were "BEST.DAY.EVER."!  Thankful for that! 


































What I love about her school is there is only one teacher per grade, so same kids every year, and what joy it is watching them reunite ♥



Cru-Jo is now in Kindergarten!  It's a scary thing, I know. 



When I woke him up the morning of his first day, he was quick to tell me he only slept for three minutes that night!  Followed by, "If I get tired, I'll just sleep at school."  Awesome.



































He now wears a uniform.  He had a few "issues" buttoning his pants and belt the first morning, so I was worried what would happen if he had to go to the bathroom.  So, of course, that was one of the first things I asked him when I picked him up.  He said, "I didn't even have to unbuckle my belt, I just pulled my weenie out!"  Ok, then.



































He was the most nervous; just took it all in, kind of in a trance.  Chet was in the classroom next door, helping Everlee, and when I asked Cru if I could go see how she as doing....he wrapped his arm around my leg and said not yet.
























































I slipped out a few minutes later.  After I checked on Everlee, I went back into his room.  His back was to me, he seemed to be doing fine, so I turned around and walked right back out....


































They sure make dorky uniforms look cute :)

Yes, you read that right earlier, Everlee started school as well.  Preschool.



































And yes, her backpack is bigger (definitely not brighter;)) than she is.  She picked it out at Justice....that's what happens when you have an older sister.



She also picked out her entire outfit by herself.  She told me the night before she wanted to wear the purple dress ♥



She goes two mornings a week for three hours.  She is loving it!  Listening to her tell me all about her day is indescribable.  Priceless.






That leaves me home {alone} Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  Sounds amazing, right?  The silence about killed me.  I accomplished one thing - a shower....during the day.  My time was spent looking at the clock, counting down the minutes until it was time to pick Everlee up.


































Give me a couple weeks, and T/Th will be my favorite days of the week ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment