Wednesday, June 24, 2009

8 years

Wow, June 24, 2001 hardly seems like 8 years ago. Seems more like last week. That is when Chet and I had our first date! Knowing who he was in high school, but never getting to know who he actually was, I was all of a sudden intrigued with him while we were both working at the golf course....funny, witty, smart, handsome, and really hot when he played golf. We played golf, had dinner at Applebee's, then played pool at the bowling alley. I wish I could say it ended with a kiss, but rather it ended with my dad hunting me down, finally finding me at 3:30 am, and telling me in his choice words to get my butt home. We were merely talking in the bowling alley parking lot, but I guess a father doesn't see things that way. I'm sure Chet will react the same way with his daughter. From then on out, we went on many great dates, but my favorite times were spent in the wee hours of the morning at the golf course, falling sleep on the greens, and waking up to sprinklers pelting us in the face. Life was good then, but it's even better now. I never could have imagined loving Chet more than I did back then, but I do. I love you, babe!

On a different note, Cru slept in his crib last night! Well, kinda. He made it until around 2:30 am. I didn't want to get into the habit of him eating during the night again, so instead of fixing him a bottle, I just brought him to bed with me. He was back to sleep in seconds and stayed alseep until 9 am! He's really chewing, chewing, chewing these days. Why do babies have to teethe? It causes them so much pain and discomfort. He's proven day after day that he's nothing like Reese, but he could be when it comes to teeth, which means he could have his first two break through next month (she was 5 months and he turns 4 months this weekend). Another thing that might happen in the next month, hopefully not sooner, is crawling! He's a mover and a shaker. He's already tucking his legs under is chest and trying to go. He's not up on his arms yet so more than likely he'll be army crawling. Holy cow, where's the gate! Boys are so different than girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment