Sunday, November 10, 2013

It was pretty much a given I was not expecting or wanting to be in this position again.....



Yes, stitches again!  Except this time, it's Reese's turn.



We stopped by my parent's house just briefly after picking Reese up from school.  We were all in the living room, and Reese was playing in the corner behind two glass coffee tables (they were pushed up against each other because my mom is redecorating.  And I think Reese was pretending to be a caged in puppy.).  Anyways, I left the room to help Everlee go potty, and my mom was in the kitchen, and all of a sudden we hear a horrible crash....



Reese was climbing over one table and hit the center sweet spot and it bottomed out causing her to fall through.  I grabbed Everlee yelling, "Oh my gosh!  Oh my gosh!  Oh my gosh!!!"  Reese came running from the table screaming and grabbing her arms, and my mom just grabbed her and hugged her.  At that time, I saw no scrapes, but when my mom let go of her, blood was all over my mom's arm and coming from Reese's arm.  And as soon as I saw the gash, I knew....


































stitches were in her future :(  It looked exactly like Cru's chin.  Reese had herself completely worked up; she was terrified to get stitches.  While my mom was consoling her, I called my dad, who had just finished mowing our lawn.  Then, I called Chet (no, I did not call him second because of what happened with Cru :) He was in Chicago....missed out on the excitement, yet again.).

For some reason, I had it in my head it was later in the evening, like after 5:00, but when I hung up with Chet, I saw on my phone that it was 4:11, which meant there was a good chance my friend, Melisa, was still at the doctor's office.  So, I quickly texted her, and thankfully, she replied and told us to get there ASAP.



20 minutes, two stitches, and one tough little girl later, she was good as new!  And she was off to a birthday party....and also said she wanted stitches all over her body.  WTH???





I'm still shaking my head as to how Reese escaped with just that cut???  She was barefoot and landed on glass!  Thanking God for keeping her safe.  Huge thank you to Melisa for taking care of us again!  And to my parents....I don't know what I'd do without you two!



































































Two kids and four stitches in less than a month....everyone has been telling me to wrap Evee in bubble wrap.  Well, I should have listened....no not stitches, but she did have a scary accident today.  The whole family was headed out the door to take family pictures, she was walking right in front of me and literally flipped and fell head of heels down our garage steps seconds before the photographer arrived.  I scooped her up and was scared to death.  Again yelling, "Oh my gosh!  Oh my gosh!!!!!"  Chet ran outside and grabbed her, then I discovered blood all over my cream shirt and in my hair.  And then the photographer arrived....

I'll finish the story once I have pictures to show you ;)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment