Tuesday, April 9, 2013

He Is Risen

He is risen indeed!



We kicked off our Easter festivities with an egg hunt at the park hosted by the Optimist Club.  This has evolved into a tradition over the past few years.  The kids always enjoy running into familiar faces and no matter how many kids attend, there's always plenty to go around!

On the way to the hunt, I told Cru he has to run really fast and grab as many eggs as possible.  His response, "But Ms. Becky said we only get two eggs!"  Happy to know he was following directions!  I told him this egg hunt is different, so he insisted on wearing his shoes that make him run the fastest....


































Hunter and Cru....and the little girl in the back must run really fast in her boots too!


































They had several different age groups - 0-2. 3-4, 5-6, and 7-8.  Since I only had my mom helping me, she took Cru and Everlee into the 3-4 division, and I took Reese to the 5-6.











We ran into a few of our other friends after the hunt.











It was a bit chilly during the egg hunt, but the rest of the day was beautiful!  So beautiful my running trio went out for a little 10 mile run!!!


Ok, so not so much of a little run, especially when we are used to running in the cold and we all ended up sunburned!  But we did it!  We are only a little over three weeks away from our big race!

That evening we invited friends from our old hood over to our new hood for a glow-in-the-dark egg hunt (We missed you, Coopers!).  Our family started this tradition last year and loved it, and I hope it continues to be a favorite.

Do you see all those glowing eggs?  Yeah, me neither!  But they are there!  Lots of them!



Cru, Reanna, Everlee, Carter, Asher, Reese, and Hunter...quite the group, huh?!






The next morning was Easter Sunday.  The Easter bunny had delivered.


We don't really make a big deal over the Easter bunny at our house.  I don't really know why, just never have.  He/She always brings baskets for the kids, but Reese is fully aware who bought all the goodies in the baskets.  Still a lot of fun though!

Cru couldn't figure out why he didn't get sunglasses like the girls....well, because cool boy ones are very hard to find!


We literally had to pry Everlee's new swimming suit off her to get her dressed for church!  If I looked that cute, I wouldn't want to take it off either!


We had to hustle a bit to make it to church in time for the Sunday school egg hunt, but we made it!  I had no idea there would be a "bunny" there!  Poor Evee!  I thought with his real face showing, she wouldn't be as scared....I thought wrong!







They scatter tons of empty eggs at the church hunt, let the kids go crazy picking them all up, then in exchange for the empty eggs, they get a small bag of candy.  Smart thinking, in my opinion! 







The kids provided beautiful music at church...



After church, we went to my parent's and spent the entire day enjoying the wonderful holiday and the beautiful weather that came with it! 




Chet looks so handsome here ♥





My mom did the egg hunt for the kids a little different this year.  Each grandkid got the same amount of eggs (all with their names on them), filled with coins (change that her and my dad had saved for a year), then each child got to hunt their own eggs all by themselves.

We started with the youngest, so Everlee went first.





Dads kept the kids entertained while moms hid the eggs....





Candy also served as a distraction....


Next, it was Charlee's turn.


Then, Cru.





And finally, it was Reese's turn.  Papa took the reins on hiding her eggs.



As Grandpa hid the eggs and Reese waited inside, Cru couldn't resist....



Audrey to the rescue!


The wheelchair severed as a much needed distraction as well!


The girl just wouldn't stay away from the candy!!!  This is her I'll-smile-as-cute-as-I-can-because-I'm-as-guilty-as-can-be look!



































She's getting so big :(





Thank you, Grandma and Grandpa for a fun egg hunt...that didn't just lead to cavities!

The rest of the afternoon looked like this....



Happy Easter!  Hope you all had a wonderful one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment