Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break

Spring break....when you pack your bags and either head for the mountains or the beach.

Or, if you're like us, it's a normal week during tax season with long hours, endless laundry, dirty dishes, and fighting kids.

A few highlights from the week...

I turned 32.  Yes, that's a highlight....I figure I'm only getting older, so why not be happy about it!  You get cake and presents and calls from your bestie for pete's sake!

Plus I got to celebrate all day with some pretty amazing peeps!



 Who spoil me with things like fancy jewelry and dinosaur pinatas!































































Chet and I enjoyed a fun evening of panty droppers and flaming angels....








































































Had you wondering, huh? ;)

Thanks soooo much to Cheyna, Molly, Caid, and Thomas for watching the kiddos!  We love you guys so much and are thankful you are so willing to be present in their lives.

We ended our night with a little shopping....



not quite what it was when I was 22, but I wouldn't change it for anything!  Getting older is part of life, I'm just thankful I have wonderful people around me to grow old with.

A big highlight was spending extra time with Charlee.  I know I say it all the time, but she is just the sweetest, funniest little thing.  And potty trained!  And smart!  Love her to pieces!


That was basically our week.  Which is why when Friday rolled around, I decided it was time to get out and do something!  My mom and I took the kids to Salina.  Nothing fancy, but we saw the (scary) Easter bunny, bungee jumped, rode the train, and shopped at Target.  The kids had fun and really what's better than a creepy bunny? 



Chet - we need a trampoline!!!!

Thank you spring break 2013 for the high points and for keeping it real...



but most of all thank you for throwing in some of those melt my heart moments that remind me that beach or no beach, I am blessed.





No comments:

Post a Comment