Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day

Twas the night before kindergarten and this girl wanted curly hair.....



So cliche to say, but seriously, where has the time gone? Wasn't she just my one and only baby, and now on August 16, 2012 she headed to kindergarten!



She was very nervous the first day...new teacher, 19 kids in her class (the biggest kindergarten class in 12 years!), and she only knew one girl (she knew four boys, but they don't count anymore :))...can you blame her?!



But she did fabulous and absolutely loved it!



She still gets nervous every morning, even cries some mornings when we pull into the school parking lot and says her tummy hurts in hopes I'll turn around and take her back home, but she always comes home with a smile on her face.



And I just have to note, when we were weighing the pros and cons of public vs. private school, wearing a uniform was a big positive for us. However, once I finally ordered her first polos and jumpers and read all the uniform rules, I was very disappointed she couldn't wear all the bright, colorful, sequiny clothes and shoes that are in her closet.



I was completely over that after the first day though! She totally rocks her uniform, as well as every other kid in the school! They all look the same, and the best part, if she ever argues with me about it, it's the school's rules, not mine!


Reese and her friend, Ava (the only girl she knew in her class)

It was Cru's first day as well. Sending him to preschool was almost harder than sending Reese to kindergarten....just something about my little man being old enough to go to school baffles me.....





He is attending the same three year old preschool that Reese attended - Angel Depot.



Chet took him to his class while I was with Reese, but I couldn't leave without saying good-bye!





He had a blast! Could it be because he adores Ms. Becky or because there are 10 kids in his class and 6 are boys, which includes his good buddies Asher and Cole!



God bless Ms. Becky!!!!

You think you can't wait for the day when all your kids are in school, but I'm not sure that's the case for me. Good thing I still have my lil' side kick to keep me busy....



I'm hoping and praying both kids cooperate and love the whole school year as much as they have this first week!



No comments:

Post a Comment