Thursday, March 18, 2010

29 and holding

Today I turned 29! Wow! I've never been one to have a problem turning another year older, except maybe when I turned 25, but I think I got over it pretty fast. But 29, that's a tougher one to swallow. I had a great day though.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday calls, texts, and emails.

Thanks to my parents for surprising me with this fabulous new mixer. I've only ever owned cheap hand mixers so this is quite the treat. Can't decide what to make first.



And thanks for taking us all out for yummy Mexican food!



Thanks to my wonderful sister-in-laws for this gorgeous cross necklace and bracelet....I love them! (please excuse my big cheese grin and wonna-be-model-like pose....too many margaritas) But seriously, I love them!



As the day comes to an end, I'm thinking yes, I am 29 and holding, but not holding onto the age. I'm holding onto what's right in front of me.



It's exhausting and trying (very, very trying lately), but it's what my life is all about.

I'm holding onto those moments that really matter, letting go of the ones that don't, and cherishing all that I've been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment