Monday, November 23, 2009

Yum, yum, yum delicioso!

In preparation for Thanksgiving, this week I'm fixing meals that taste nothing like turkey and potatoes so our taste buds will be good and ready Thursday. Tonight we had a little fiesta.
Here's what you need
  • tortillas
  • chicken (I use canned chicken (2 cans drained) because it's less time consuming and it shreds nicely in the mixture, but you can cube chicken breasts if you like. Just cube and cook them all the way thru in the skillet before adding the other ingredients.)
  • salsa (this is an optional ingredient, but I recommend using it, however much you like, I usually use about 4 tablespoons)
  • 1 can of green chile enchilada sauce
  • 1 can green chiles
  • 1 pkg of cream cheese

Are you noticing my trend of only making dishes with very few simple/non-chopping/non-measuring ingredients?

Next, place chicken, cream cheese, chiles, and salsa into a skillet (that's everything except the enchilada sauce and tortillas).

Heat it all together until it looks like well-blended mush - appetizing, huh.

Finally, fill tortillas (usually makes 5-6 enchiladas) and cover with green chile enchilada sauce and cheese if you like. I think I've mentioned before that I'm not a normal eater, so I rarely put cheese on anything.

Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

Enjoy! (Reese sportin' the festive tableware this month)

Have you also noticed we are fans of fiesta dip and chips with our Mexican dishes...mmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment