Thursday, November 12, 2009

In poop and up the nose

The two places I least expected to find paper - in Cru's poop and up Reese's nose.

Earlier this week as I was changing one of Cru's poopy diapers I saw what appeared to be a foreign object mixed in with his smooth green poop (TMI, I know, but I'm trying to paint you a mental picture). So, mixed in with his poop was this red and white solid looking thing. What in the world? It worried me, so I started sifting. You can paint your own mental picture with that. I soon discovered a tag. A totally undigested tag like from a stuffed animal. Some time the day before (I would almost bet it was when I laid him in his crib with a couple animals so I could go to the bathroom because you can't leave him on the floor unattended because he will find something to eat) he ate a tag. And it traveled right through his system and came out the other end. Man, this boy keeps me on my toes.

And then today, Reese was supposed to be taking a nap (everything happens when she's supposed to be taking a nap). Anyways, she snuck into our bedroom to watch tv (she's been doing that all week!). Cru was sleeping in my lap out in the living room so I just let her be. She had been in there a while, and then I hear this crinkling. What in the world? Then I heard her cough, different from what I've been hearing all week (she has a cold). Poor Cru, I didn't care that he was sound asleep, I yelled and asked her what was wrong. She started crying and said that she had paper up her nose. What?! I had been video taping Cru earlier, and she had opened new tapes and apparently stuffed some of the wrapper up her nose. She kept telling me it was just a tiny piece, so at first I just figured since she had been coughing she sniffed it up and swallowed it. Snot was dripping everywhere since she wouldn't stop crying, and when she'd wipe her nose, you could tell it hurt. After about 30 minutes of trying to look up Reese's nose, get her to answer questions, and get her to blow her nose, Chet and I just decided to take her to the ER. Good call. Everything went smooth there, Reese made lots of friends, and the doctor ended up pulling out a rather large chunk of video tape casing out of her nose. I think she understands not to do that EVER AGAIN.

For now, can we please stick to using paper to make turkeys? Like this one Reese made earlier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment