Friday, January 8, 2016

New Year

So far, 2016 isn't off to the best start....I'm stuck at home with another sick child, hence writing this midday.

What is going on???

I hate winter!

I hate germs!

We are fortunate enough our kids are rarely sick.  Maybe a 24 hour stomach bug or cold here and there.  I feel blessed in that aspect because I don't do well with sickies.  I've gotten better, but I am not a comforter to someone who is puking.  Sets me into a panic until my own stomach churns like I'm next.

Thankfully, Everlee is not vomiting today.  Well, I take that back.  She did throw up a bunch of mucus this morning, but she doesn't have a tummy bug.  She woke in tears, cheeks bright red, you could definitely tell something was wrong.  I had to get the bigs ready for school...school....crap, how am I going to get them there with miss sickie?  {Another} thankfully!  My dad was able to take them!  Once they were out the door, Everlee settled in on the couch and I took her temp...102.  Yikes!  Wasn't expecting that!  She took some medicine and quickly fell asleep.  Woke about an hour later because she was hot and sweaty.  Her fever had dropped to 100.  Then, a few hours later, it was gone.  Then, it was back to 101.  She's been sleeping off and on all day and hasn't eaten, but hopefully, this morning was the worst.

She absolutely did not get sick from playing in the cold rain yesterday....




And now thankfully {I need to rename this post to "thankfully"}, I have my mom to pick up the bigs and get Reese to bootcamp.  Unfortunately, Evee has to miss her ice cream date with her favorite cheerleader/favorite gymnastics coach, Kellsie :(((  She's told me all day, "Ice cream with Kellsie will make me better.

Gosh, I'm rambling.

Anyways, the new year....what I had planned to write about.

We made plans with our neighbors....eat at Farley's in Lindsborg, then hang out together. 

Reese getting sick ended up lasting way longer than we had thought so our friends were kind enough to push plans back a day; they did not want to leave Reese out {love them for that!}.

Saying goodbye to 2015 and hello to 2016...together!  Just as it should be!







Soooo Everlee was a fan of the photo props.....














































































































The kids had fun filling out these...














One person in our house passed out about 10:30....ahem, Chet.  The rest of us kicked midnight's butt!


New Year's Day was spent watching Making a Murderer....no words.

Then, hanging with our friends. 



































Happy to be out of the house!!

At this point, Reese still wasn't really eating. She ordered a big ol' chicken fried steak...
















and ate one bite.

We had good intentions of hanging afterwards, but the Buchmans were beat and the Schuckmans were still recovering from their trip to OK a few days prior, so we ended up just going to our own homes after supper. 



Kids were bummed, but we had spent he whole break staying up late and sleeping in...we needed an early bedtime.



































This first week back to school has been rough....sooo sleepy!  But it feels good being in a routine again, and I am excited for ballgames to resume!

Is it spring yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment