Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Background

I haven't taken any photography classes or really read any books on it, but I'm guessing one of the first things a photographer learns is to pay attention to what's in the background. This is something I need a lot of work on; I simply do not pay attention to it....until after the picture is taken.

Case and point(s): the other day we spent the entire morning at the park, and yes, I took lots (and lots) of pictures, and I'm sure I'll share them sometime, but right now I want to share a couple pictures that are all about what's in the background.


Not just a boy in the background swinging on his belly, but his face right smack dab in the middle of the triangle of Reese's swing. And what makes it even better, his bloody nose. (If you can't see it, click on the picture to make it bigger). And I don't mean that the way it sounds. This poor boy had a bloody nose the entire time he was playing with us, so the fact that his mom had been wiping and wiping and it was bleeding once again just made it. Maybe you had to be there to understand.


Now check out the other little boy in the background of this picture....LOL! Seriously, I don't think I could have captured anything like this if I actually tried.

So, you see what I mean? I don't pay attention.....but sometimes it makes for some of the most memorable photographs of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment