Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Go Purple

No, I'm not cheering for the KSU Wildcats! 

I helped coach Reese's basketball team again this year, and wouldn't you know it, we were the purple team again.



However, unlike last year, our girls actually knew what they were doing this year!  And had matured enough to make baskets....I think we made two all last season, and this year, we made probably ten in the first game!


































The downfall to that....ballhogs!  Haha!  I don't mean that in a bad way, but there really isn't any other way to put it. 

The girls also developed into great passers!



Reese improved so much with her aggressiveness.  She loved trying to steal it....probably somewhat of a hacking/slapping/fouling machine :)



 The week before her last game, she made signs for Chet to hold up during the game....



Such a good daddy ♥  She decided the sign that said "boo blue team" probably wasn't very nice to hold up :)

Half the team was on our team last year, so it was fun seeing all their improvement!

Back row - Mallorie, Izabel, Reese, Ellie, Addison
Front row - Addalyn, Sophie, Kimber


The girls wanted a picture with their buddy, Carter, since he was purple too :)


I am so proud of my girl!  I honestly don't know what the future holds with her and sports (Chet likes to call her our life sporter ;)), but what I do know, she loves to high five her teammates and give praise hopefully that doesn't mean she's going to be a cheerleader and if that's what makes it fun for her, then so be it.  I just want her to know how proud we are no matter what!

But it sure is hard not to be competitive!


No comments:

Post a Comment