Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Seven

How in the world can she be 7????





It kind of felt like we celebrated all August long with having her party at the beginning of the month, celebrating at school in the middle, and her actual birthday at the very end.

She requested a pool party again this year.  I wanted to make it different from last year, so we went with a glow theme.  It was a lot of fun and very cool once it got dark!  And luckily, the party ended just before a big storm hit. 






















































































































































































The HUGE beach balls were a HUGE hit!



We were so thankful for Aunt Casyn's boyfriend, Steven!  He had no problem hanging with all the kids and provided great entertainment.




































































































































































































































































































































































































Yes, jumping off the board hand-in-hand with a boy!

Glow-in-the-dark cotton candy to go!

Special thanks to ALL who made her party so special!

I want to make note about Reese's celebration at school....she took baggies of treats (golden graham cereal, marshmallows, and chocolate chips=lil' s'mores!), and she attached a note to each baggie that said "the world needs s'more friends like you".  When I picked her up from school that day, this is how our conversation went.
Reese: We gave my friends too much to eat.
Me: That's ok!  That just means they'll get to take some home.
Reese: Yeah!  And I wrote my phone number on a couple people's cards. (I later found out she gave my number to at least half the class!)
Me: Oh....really?
Reese: Yeah....Tyler asked me for my phone number and he said he's going to call me.

Already?  This is happening already???

Yes, yes it is!  Tyler called.  My girl blushed 10 shades of red.....if only it stays this innocent forever.



Still not her actual birthday, but still celebrating!  She got a special treat of spending a weekend with Ty, Audrey, and Charlee.  They spoiled her....and she spoiled their kitty.  Something that will only happen with her aunt and uncle....no cats here!




Spoiled with balloons from Cason, Chancey, and Cutler!



And presents and cupcakes with her grandparents!





Finally, August 31st was here!  Sticking with tradition, Reese's grandmas and I treated her to a trip to Kansas City to the American Girl Doll store.  We shared a lot of laughs, shopped, and ate delicious food....couldn't have asked for a better day!




































































































Reese has been asking for a short hair doll since she cut her hair, so that's what Chet and I gave her....meet KC :)







Love her so much!  Love her heart.  Love her freckles.  Love her persistence.  She is so much like me, it's scary.  Hope her day was as special as she is!

And since I'm talking about Reese, I thought I'd give a little glimpse of her updated bedroom....

No comments:

Post a Comment